Interested in joining Air Cadets
contact your local Royal Canadian Air Cadet Squadron below
or email: Join Air Cadets
|Squadron||CO Email Address||Location & Time|
|18 Dartmouth Lionsemail@example.com||4 Bldg Shearwater Mon 1830|
|29 Sydney Kiwanisfirstname.lastname@example.org||Sydney Academy Thur 1830|
|45 Glace Bay AM Edwardsemail@example.com||Glace Bay Armouries, King Edward St Wed 1800|
|77 Truro Arrowheadfirstname.lastname@example.org||68 Glenwood Drive, Truro Thur 1800|
|106 Windsoremail@example.com||Windsor Regional High School Tue 1830|
|154 Amherstfirstname.lastname@example.org||Col Ralston Armouries Wed 1830|
|250 Vimyemail@example.com||Hubley Community Hall, 4408 St. Margaret’s Bay Road, Lewis Lake Tue 1830|
|292 Fairview Legionfirstname.lastname@example.org||Armouries Monday 1830|
|299 Yarmouthemail@example.com||Armouries Parade St. Mon 1830|
|342 Bedford Lionsfirstname.lastname@example.org||Bedford Jr High School Wed 1830|
|374 F/Lt Chisholm Stellartonemail@example.com||Drummond Rd Westville Wed 1830|
|397 Trentonfirstname.lastname@example.org||Trenton Fire Hall Tue 1830|
|507 F/Lt MacLean Kentvilleemail@example.com||Aldershot Bldg #222 Tue 1845|
|517 F/Lt Graham Greenwoodfirstname.lastname@example.org||Birchall Bldg Wed 1830|
|529 Halifax Armdaleemail@example.com||Elizabeth Sutherland School Mon 1830|
|545 Liverpool Privateerfirstname.lastname@example.org||South Queens Junior High School, 163 Waterloo Street,Liverpool, NS Wed 1830|
|562 North Sydney Cabotemail@example.com||Thompson Jr High Tue 1815|
|569 Brookfield Col Hendersonfirstname.lastname@example.org||Brookfield Elementary, Tue 1800|
|587 Whitney Pieremail@example.com||Memorial Jr High, Tue 1800|
|591 Sydney Mines Dunlapfirstname.lastname@example.org||Sydney Mines Jr High, Tue 1800|
|596 Tatamagoucheemail@example.com||Elementary School, Wed 1830|
|602 Florence McCurdyfirstname.lastname@example.org||Ti Sullivan Jr High, Mon 1800|
|615 Halifax Bluenoseemail@example.com||Stad Drill Shed, Wed 1830|
|652 Milford M&D Lionsfirstname.lastname@example.org||Riverline Activity Center, Thur 1830|
|689 Parrsboro Handley Pageemail@example.com||Legion Br #45, Mon 1830|
|693 Sydney Rotaryfirstname.lastname@example.org||Sydney Academy, Wed 1830|
|719 Port Hawkesbury Storaemail@example.com||Tamarac Education Centre, Wed 1900|
|824 St Peters Silver Dartfirstname.lastname@example.org||United Church Hall, Granville Street, St. Peters, Wed 1830|
|865 Dartmouth Kiwanisemail@example.com||Shannon Park Elem, Mon 1830|
|875 Antigonish Lionsfirstname.lastname@example.org||Antigonish Ed. Center, Mon 1830|
How to join Air Cadets, Nova Scotia’s premier youth organization:
- Visit a local ACR in May/June and pre-register with the CO or Training Officer.
- Starting in September 2014, administration forms, no cost, to be process.
- Air Cadet Uniforms are issued on loan and at no cost, but you must return at the end of term.
- You will assist in one fund raiser per training year, to assist with program costs.
- Air cadet may finish the program and there is no commitment to the military.
Here is a list of just some of the program activities that Air Cadets participate in:
Citizenship*First Aid*Leadership*Survival*Community Service*Drill*Sports*Marksmanship*Music*Aircraft Identification*Navigation*Aerospace*Communication*Airport Operations*Meteorology
Nova Scotia Department of Education grades 10/11/12 you may apply to earn elective credits. For more details visit Dept. of Education website.
Parents/ youth still have questions, then email or call Toll Free1-800-797-9974.
Interested in joining as a CIC Officer?
The Cadet Instructors Cadre (CIC) consists of specially trained part-time members of the Canadian Forces. CIC officers are responsible for cadet training, supervision, and administration.
CIC officers are important figures in the life of a cadet. Many CIC officers were once cadets themselves, but this is not a prerequisite. To become a CIC officer, a candidate must participate in a series of personal interviews and:
- Have a high school diploma,
- Be a Canadian citizen between the ages of 18 and 64 and be of good character
- Recommended by the commanding officer and squadron sponsoring committee or provincial league.
- Meet the medical standards prescribed
- Pass a security screening, including an enhanced reliability check, criminal background investigation, and vulnerable sector screening. For more information on the CIC, please contact us Toll Free1-800-797-9974.
Interested in joining as a League Member or Civilian Volunteer?
Nova Scotia Provincial Committee has several Directors and civilian volunteer openings.
- We thank you for your generous offer of volunteer services and hope you understand the legal and moral obligation of the League in reviewing the suitability of all individuals working or involved with youth.
- Pass a security screening, including an enhanced reliability check, criminal background investigation, and vulnerable sector screening.
- Contact our Nova Scotia provincial level to enquire further about volunteering with a squadron at the local community, contact email@example.com.